top of page

What to expect

What you need to know about Participating in Clinical Research

The power of participation

Community participation in clinical trials offer numerous benefits to individuals who choose to participate, shaping the future of healthcare while potentially improving their own well-being.


What to expect on your first clinical research visit


  • How do I enroll in a Clinical Trial?
    We post all our current studies for our Redmond and Midland clinic facilities on our website, please find our current studies here. Each study will have specific enrollment criteria. If you are interested and feel you are a good fit you can fill in our web enrollment form, call Redmond at 425-869-6828 or Midland at 432-203-3236 or email Our recruitment coordinators will discuss how we can help you, determine your eligibility and schedule an appointment.
  • Do you include all people in your clinical studies?
    Yes, to advance health outcomes people from all demographics are welcome to our studies. This includes race, disability and socioeconomic status. All personal health information gathered by Eastside Research Associates for any study is protected by HIPAA, (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and does not pass to companies outside of ERA.
  • Do I need medical insurance coverage to participate in a clinical study?
    No proof of medical insurance is required. Our clinical study costs are covered by our sponsors and do not require our patients to have medical insurance. Our studies do not charge any fees. We will never ask for or collect your insurance information or charge you any fees. If a study requires labs to be sent or medical equipment to be used these will be provided to you free of charge. Many times, we can provide you and your treating physician with these lab results free of charge.
  • Can I drop out of a study?
    Yes, you can drop out of a study at any time. Please contact your study coordinator if you are considering dropping from a study.
  • Will I be paid for my participation in a study?
    Yes, our clinical studies provide compensation to every participant for an eligible visit. Our recruitment team will share the expected amount at the time of your scheduling call. Typical studies pay between $75 - $4000 depending on the number of clinic visits and the duration of the study. Compensation may be available on the day of the study or within two weeks of your appointment. Some studies that are scheduled for more than one visit may be compensated in other ways. Some studies will compensate participants additional amounts to drive long distances or spend the night in the local area.
  • Where can I park for my appointment?
    Redmond - Our Redmond clinic facility has its own parking lot with several locations marked for patients. These are free to those participating in our studies. Please mention to our receptionist that you are parked in our lot and provide your vehicle information if your appointment is anticipated to be longer than 3 hours. Midland - Our Midland facility is located inside the Vital Care Urgent Care clinic (Cornerstone Shopping Center, Midland). There are multiple open and free parking slots right in front of the clinic.
  • I don’t have a car and not sure how I can get to your clinics, are there any other transportation options?
    For Midland, public transportation passing along the 250 loop is called EZ-Rider. Routes can be found here: For Redmond there are several local routes through King County Metro: and Sound Transit: Please talk with our recruitment coordinator at the time of scheduling, they will provide all other options and assist with planning.
  • I am running late for my visit, can I keep my appointment?
    Our policy is if you are going to be more than 10 minutes late, we ask that you please call our receptionist to confirm your appointment and that you will still be arriving. We will always try to accommodate a late arrival, however this may mean a longer wait time to get started. Or in some cases it may mean we need to reschedule.
  • How do I cash a check for a minor?
    Can I cash or deposit a check made out to my child? The simple answer is yes, depending on your bank’s or credit union’s rules. Each financial institution has its own requirements for how to deposit a check made out to a minor. Typically, banks will require you to have your own account with them before they’ll cash or deposit a minor’s check for you. You may also be able to open a custodial account jointly owned by you and your child, which allows you both to make deposits and withdrawals. How do I endorse a check for a minor? To endorse a check made out to a child who can’t yet sign their own name, you should first call your bank or visit its website to understand its requirements. With some banks and credit unions, you may not need to endorse the check if it will be deposited into the child’s account or a joint custodial account. If you plan to deposit the check into your own bank account, you’ll typically need to sign your child’s name on the back of the check followed by the word “minor” — and then endorse it with your signature right below the minor’s name. You may also need to include additional information like your account number. If your child is old enough to endorse the check themselves, you may not need to sign their name. But you’ll probably still need to provide your signature under theirs, followed by the word “parent,” depending on the rules of your bank. If your child’s name is misspelled on the check, you may need to bring proof of identification, such as their birth certificate or state ID, to the bank and show it to the teller. Again, every bank will have its own rules, so this documentation may not be enough to get the check deposited. In this situation, you can contact your bank to determine its policy. Or you might consider asking whoever sent the check to send a new one with your child’s name spelled correctly. Can I deposit my child’s check into my personal account? This will all depend on your bank, but usually a parent can deposit a child’s check into their own account — especially if the child doesn’t have an account in their name. Some banks might allow you to deposit the check if you follow their requirements for endorsing the check and include your child’s name or signature as well as your own. It’s also not a bad idea to bring extra documentation or your child’s identification with you, just in case.
  • What is your ADA Service Animal Policy?
    Can I bring my service animal to my study appointment? Patient safety and comfort is our priority. Eastside Research Associates welcomes your service animal during a study visit. We encourage you to discuss your service animal and the comfort needs you may have with your recruiter before your study appointment. What is a service animal? Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), a service animal is defined as an animal that has been specifically trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. The tasks performed by the animal must be directly related to the person’s disability. Are emotional support, comfort, or companion animals considered service animals under the ADA? No. These terms are used to describe animals that provide comfort just by being with a person. If the emotional support animal HAS been trained to perform a task related to the person’s disability, that animal WOULD qualify as a service animal. Your service animal must be: Healthy, clean and groomed (no fleas, ticks, or sores) House broken Under your control (leash, harness, or other effective controls) Well behaved (no uncontrolled barking, biting, or scratching) Do I need to keep the service animal on a leash?Service animals should be controlled with leashes, a harness or tether. If you are not able to hold a leash, the service animal must be under your control through voice or hand commands at all times. What should I bring with me for my service animal? Food, water and medicine needed by your service animal Leash, harness or tether Plastic bags for solid waste Who is responsible for the care of my service animal during my visit/stay? You or your designee are responsible for feeding, toileting, and watching over the service animal. If you are considering using your comfort or service animal please review our policy for full details and for any question please call our office at 425-869-6828 to discuss your needs with a recruiter.

Alexis Peck

Friendly staff members, quick and easy process. I was in and out with a check in hand within 15 minutes of arriving. Fast and efficient. GREAT service!
bottom of page